Where there is a concern about an individual’s communication, socialisation and behaviours, the diagnosis of an Autism Spectrum Disorder may be considered (e.g. Autism/ASD).
This assessment involves:
- Clinical Interview/Developmental History.
- Clinical interview with parent or significant carer to elicit the presence of certain behaviours and symptoms associated with ASD.
- Cognitive assessment of child to estimate learning ability.
- Completion of psychometrics by parent/self and educational staff.
- Review of documentation supplied by parents and/or referrer
(professional reports, school reports, etc)
- Administration of the Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule (play-based assessment) if age appropriate. If required, alternate ASD-specific psychometrics will be determined at the intake appointment.
Appointments will be split across two appointments. The first with the child and parent/s present. The second appointment with parents only.