This assessment-type is required to investigate an individual’s learning ability, learning strengths and weaknesses, and to identify and diagnose if the individual has any Specific Learning Difficulty (e.g., Dyslexia, Dyscalculia, etc). This assessment can be used to access exemptions i.e., language, or gain supports in exams i.e., extra time.
• Cognitive (IQ) assessment of verbal and non-verbal IQ, as well as Processing Speed and Short-Term/Working Memory
• Attainment testing (Reading, Spelling, Writing, and Math)
• Review of existing reports
• Parent and child interviews
• Report with detailed recommendations for home and school, accepted by the HSE and Department of Education